Olubankole Wellington: Banky W
On this episode of #TUWOG, I rub shoulders with one of Forbes magazine's richest musicians in Africa, BankyW!
He helps me discover happiness in a cup as he spills the tea (well, Peach Ciroc) on How-To-Make-It-In-Nigeria, the trick to getting the biggest chicken in the cooking pot and owning your voicein a crowd. He mentions his blog, The Bank Statements which he started updating again in 2015. For older posts (circa '07-12), see here.
- Young BankyW (05:50)
- Being truthful to yourself will bring you the happiness you seek from others (14:25)
- Are you a product of your environment? (15:20)
- You are who you say you are (24:09)
- On setting career goals & being obsessed with the chase of success (30:43)
- Doing it afraid (35:25)
- There was rock bottom and then a robbery (38:22)
- God, dogged determination and throwing in the towel (45:59)
- ‘In pursuit of your dreams, falling down is inevitable, but getting up is optional’ (47:20)
- We all have baggage but excess luggage is expensive (49:26)
- Be your own hero (53:58)
- Dream it, do it, don’t give up on it (01:06:22)
- Most embarrassing incident in four words (01:08:34)
The Unsullied Book Club
As guests of the podcast often share books that they feel you absolutely must add to your reading list, I thought it might be helpful to include their recommendations here for your reference. If you wish to buy any of these, please follow the affiliate links below. Each book purchased (at no extra charge to you) will go towards supporting the cost of keeping TUWOG free and available for your listen every week.
This week, BankyW recommends:
- ‘Steve Jobs’, available on Amazon and Apple Books.
- ‘4 Disciplines of Execution’, available on Amazon and Apple Books.
Connect with BankyW on Instagram and through ministry.
Join The Unsullied Army: www.orekagodis.com
Listen | Subscribe | Share | Get in touch!