Oluseyi Awolesi is truly a Poster Boy for God's love.
He is a Design Architect with a varied project portfolio of over 23 years experience within numerous design sectors. He provides design-led intelligent solutions to projects in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
As an Events Creator, Curator, Artist manager and Director with 14 years’ experience within the music, art, poetry, artist development, music video and photography and creative sectors, Seyi has worked on numerous events providing exciting and interesting narratives that bring commentary and empower change.
**Important Disclaimer from start to 00:01:20**
- The Sage origin story: (00:07:35)
- The Life and Times of an Architect (00:09:58)
- The black mirror teaches responsibility (00:16:27)
- Cerebral Causality is a dish. Odikwa risky: (00:19:16)
**TRIGGER WARNING** skip 00:20:14 to 00:45:44 to avoid hearing conversations about non-consensual interactions.
- On Hitch, Chris Rock and informed decisions (00:45:45)
- A series of one-thing moments, and clawing out of the sunken place (00:55:08)
- Today, you are going to be solution-focused, not problem oriented. A mantra (01:09:00)
- Prayer is meditation. Meditation is prayer (01:15:23)
- What’s in a name? On the tradition of divination and worship (01:18:46)
- Em-ba-rras-sing. (01:24:07)
- Must read (01:24:46)
The Unsullied Book Club
- What Money Can't Buy: The Moral Limits of Markets by Michael J. Sandel. Available on Amazon and Apple Books.
- Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks. Available on Amazon and Apple Books.
Join Seyi as he leads ‘Then and Now’ - a www.horniman.ac.uk conversation with prominent Nigerian thinkers, historians Amanda Kirby Okoye and Emeka Keazor, poet Yomi Sode, and ASIRI Magazine - in September 2020.
Nigerian organisations to send donations and support to:
Noteworthy social media accounts:
- End Child Abuse - campaign to end abuse, sexual exploitation & domestic trafficking of children. With a focus on girls forced into underaged ‘marriage’
- Eva Nigeria - work to improve the quality of life for vulnerable children
- Herfessions - an anonymous, online peer-peer support group for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Lagos State Domestic & Sexual Violence Response Team
- Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs & Poverty Alleviation
- The Nigerian Police Force
- Mirabel Center - free professional service for survivors of rape & sexual assault
- Women Advocate - provide pro bono legal services for victims of gender based violence & other womens rights abuse.
- UN Women - for gender equality & women's empowerment
- UNICEF Nigeria - promote the rights & well-being of every child
This episode of TUWOG was edited by FayFay of 808Xtra. If you like what you hear, tell @NaijaPodHub about it.
Join The Unsullied Army: www.orekagodis.com
Listen | Subscribe | Share | Get in touch!