Retini is an explorer of worlds, awarding winning writer and Burnt Onion’s Creative Director. Bringing heartwarming South African stories to the world.
On this episode of #TUWOG, Retini reminds us that getting out of our own way truly is the best path to success in every extension of our lives.
Find your hum, keep your crown, knight others.
- Retini’s origin story: (00:06:41)
- Don’t let them steal your crown (00:10:00)
- Tattoos as a transcription of life (00:15:54)
- Learning to enjoy the fruits of your labour (00:23:34)
- Swinging: from the confident child to learned imposter syndrome and normalising (00:31:23)
- Squash your personal doubts with the magic of the things you love (00:37:02)
- And then, Covid said: Let There Be Time (00:43:18)
- Sometimes you have to pull your own ear and question the root cause of your anxiety (00:51:46)
- Avoiding the path to Bag Lady (00:54:43)
- Consciously uncouple from bad financial habits (00:58:03)
- Make better financial decisions (01:04:56)
- Teaching the next generation about the dangers of peacocking (01:09:32)
- Retini, the unwritten book (01:16:36)
- And who wouldn’t want a Dragon Fruit (01:17:30)
- Parting words of embarrassment (01:18:53)
- For your bookshelf (01:19:34)
The Unsullied Book Club
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Available on Amazon and Apple Books.
- Make Time: How to Focus on what Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky. Available on Amazon and Apple Books.
In Nigeria? Stressed and in need of support? ‘Text for Help’ and someone from STER will be there to support you.
This episode of TUWOG was edited by FayFay of 808Xtra. If you like what you hear, tell @NaijaPodHub about it.
Join The Unsullied Army: www.orekagodis.com
Listen | Subscribe | Share | Get in touch!